AmeriCorps VISTA Search
Are you looking for a gap year with an impact? Are you interested in pursuing a career in the non-profit sector? Do you have a passion for building your community?
Awesome! You're in the right place. The Office of Student Life and First-Year Experience is searching for an AmeriCorps VISTA for the 2019-2020 service year (July-July). As the Colonel's Cupboard Education Specialist, some of your responbilities will include:
- Working with the newly formed Student Service Council to plan and implement events related to hunger and homelessness.
- Compiling data from previous years to determine how many students have traditionally been served.
- Helping train student workers in the Cupboard to guide volunteers.
- Helping to plan and lead regular service events at the Cupboard to stock shelves, sort donations, etc.
The AmeriCorps VISTA program is an outstanding opportunity to serve the community and the students here on EKU's campus. The VISTA program will include:
- AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens age 18 and older
- Full-time (40 hours/week), one-year commitment
- Monthly living allowance
- Upon completion, choose between education award or cash award
- Forbearance/deferment of federal student loans payments
- Eligible to receive healthcare allowances
- Vacation and Sick days
- May be eligible for relocation reimbursement (must be relocating 50 miles or more for service)
- Access to professional development and training opportunities
- Additional resources: https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service